To date, MAFM has fundamentally positioned itself as the medium for the local FM communities to interact and share knowledge or experience through activities co-organised with various parties both in public and private sectors. As its one of its main effort to gain recognition, MAFM, through its committees and members have involved in activities through various platforms, organisations and events as follows:
- 1st International Facility Management Conference, Padang Sumatera Barat, Indonesia on 8th April 2010 – 2 papers presentation by MAFM.
- Collaborated in The 2nd CWorks International Maintenance Conference at Hotel Impiana, Kuala Lumpur on 7th & 8th October 2010.
- Building Maintenance Seminar: The Next Step Towards Sustainability & Profitability organised by Comfori Sdn Bhd at Istana Hotel KL on 24th&25th November 2010 – chaired by MAFM Secretary and 3 papers presentation by MAFM.
- MAFM members were involved in supporting the Construction Industry Development Board Malaysian (CIDB) since 2010 in supporting its efforts to develop, promote and inculcate the FM culture for the growth of a healthy, sustainable and competitive construction industry in Malaysia, in line with CIDB’s Strategic Thrust 7 of the Construction Industry Master Plan (CIMP 2006-2015).
- Launching of World FM Day 2011 & Launching of MAFM Website & Signing of MOU with Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) at Rennaissance Hotel, Kuala Lumpur on 27th June 2011.
- Facilities Management Asia 2011 Conference organised by IQPC Singapore on 27th & 28th July 2011 in Kuala Lumpur – 4 papers presentation by MAFM.
- Saudi FM Expo 2012 organised by Malaysia External Trade Development Corporation (MATRADE) in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia form 8th to 13th March 2012 – MAFM assisted MATRADE in getting Malaysian FM service providers to exhibit in the event.
- International Seminar on Asset & Facility Management – Enhancing Asset Value through Efficient Asset & Facility Management at The Gardens Hotel, Kuala Lumpur on 16th November 2011 – collaborated with CIDB Malaysia.
- CIDB Malaysia’s Regional Construction Week in Kuantan, Pahang on 24th November 2012 –”The Impacts of FM to the Construction Industry” presented by MAFM.
- MAFM as the Advisory Panel for the Advance Diploma Course in FM by Politeknik Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah (PSA), Shah Alam.
- MAFM as the Committee Chair for the adoption of ISO Standard for Facilities Management in Malaysia, promoted by the Department of Standards Malaysia.
Moving forward, MAFM aims to be more impactful to the the built-environment stakeholders. MAFM should be strong enough to put forward the voices of its members, as well as fostering business among them. MAFM also plans to be the repository of researches, journals and articles related to Facility Management and built-environment. MAFM could also be the ‘reference points’ for information related to built-environments in Malaysia such as recommended building materials and components, contractors, suppliers as well as clients, owners and developers.